Michael is an Associate at Zimmerman Reed focusing on the areas of sports law and consumer fraud. He currently supports the firm’s efforts in representing retired NHL & NFL players in separate lawsuits alleging that the chronic cumulative effects of concussions were minimized.
A magna cum laude graduate of the University of Minnesota Law School, Michael served as a member of the Journal of Law, Science & Technology, and a member of the American Bar Association Moot Court team. While in law school, Michael also started a medical-legal partnership with the Phillips Neighborhood Clinic to identify and resolve legal issues affecting patient care and well-being in under-served communities, as a member of the Community Practice and Policy Development Clinic.
While in law school, Michael externed for the Honorable Jeffrey J. Keyes of the United States District Court for the District of Minnesota. He also was a law clerk for both the Bad River Band of Chippewa Indians Natural Resources Department and the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency. Michael is licensed to practice law in Minnesota.
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Ramsey County Bar Association
In The News
- PennRecord, “Class action filed against FedLoan Servicing over alleged mismanagement of student loans“
- Law360, “Long Island Borrower Targets Navient With Damages Action“
- Law360, “Ex-NHL Players Say League ‘Mischaracterized’ Doctor’s Tests“
- Pioneer Press, “NHL brain-trauma lawsuit lands in St. Paul’s federal court“
- J.D., Magna Cum Laude, University of Minnesota Law School
- B.S., University of Wisconsin, Madison