If you were injured by the Beach Park anhydrous ammonia leak, we can help.
TOXIC ANHYDROUS AMMONIA SPILL – WHAT HAPPENED?
Reports indicate that more than 30 individuals were sent to area hospitals – some with life-threatening injuries – following the ammonia spill in Beach Park. Neighbors within one mile were forced to stay inside with windows closed. If you were affected, we can help.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, anhydrous ammonia is a colorless gas that can cause breathing difficulties, burns, blisters and is fatal if inhaled in high concentrations.
More than 37 people were hospitalized, 14 of whom were emergency responders, and forced area schools to close due to safety concerns. Witnesses and victims of the gas spill described being blinded or quickly overwhelmed by the toxic plume.
HOW WE CAN HELP
If you were affected by the anhydrous ammonia spill, please fill out our free case review form or give us a call at 1.888.596.6274. We welcome any questions you may have.
OUR FIRM’S EXPERIENCE WITH ANHYDROUS AMMONIA TOXIC RELEASES: MINOT TRAIN DERAILMENT
On January 18, 2002, the largest release of anhydrous ammonia in U.S. History occurred when a train derailed in Minot, North Dakota. Zimmerman Reed helped hundreds of residents recover damages for injuries and obtained a $1.2 million jury verdict* in Minneapolis, MN on behalf of two clients.
* Prior Results Do Not Guarantee A Similar Outcome.