Patricia brings three decades of experience in complex litigation, particularly class actions. She has served as lead counsel on a number of prominent matters, including the Lutheran Brotherhood Sales Practices Litigation. Patricia was instrumental while working with law firms around the country on the FedEx Ground Drivers Lawsuit, a multi-district consolidated proceeding involving 40 different state class actions challenging FedEx Grounds’ independent contractor model. She also worked with counsel for a coalition of Attorneys General from four states in an antitrust action against manufacturers of LCD displays who engaged in a global price-fixing conspiracy. Patricia also represented investors in the Morgan Keegan open end mutual funds in a class action and shareholder derivative lawsuit, resulting in a $125 million settlement that was approved by the court in 2016. Patricia is currently part of the Firm’s Public Client and AG Practice team in its representation of the states of Indiana and Vermont in their investigation of and litigation against entities responsible for the deceptive marketing and sale of opioids.
Patricia has been a lecturer at litigation strategy seminars on the topics of securities law, expert witnesses, and class actions and is also a past President of the Minnesota Chapter of the Federal Bar Association. At Zimmerman Reed, Patricia focuses her practice on complex litigation, including consumer fraud, employment practices, and representing public entities on various matters. Patricia has been selected as a Super Lawyer since 2014.
Patricia is a graduate of the University of Minnesota and a graduate of the University of Wisconsin Law School. Patricia is licensed to practice law in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
Presentations and/or Publications
- “Class Actions and the Practice of Law Today,” Clarion Legal
- “The Tougher Requests for Accommodation,” Upper Midwest Employment Institute
- “Expert Witnesses: Pitfalls, Perils and Opportunities on the Road to Trial with Your Expert,” 30th Annual Federal Bar Court Practice Seminar
- “Surviving a Daubert Ruling Excluding or Limiting your Expert,” Minnesota CLE Litigation Tactics, Problems & Solutions Seminar
- “Class Action Litigation: Recent Trends, Current Developments and Possible (Big) Changes Ahead,” 27th Annual Federal Bar Court Practice Seminar
- “Pleading and Litigating Shareholder Disputes after Wessin,” Minnesota Institute Legal Education, Minority Shareholder Disputes Seminar
- “Expert Witnesses: Rules, Myths and Recommendations,” The Practical Litigator, November 1998
- “The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995,” 22nd Annual Federal Court Practice Seminar
- J.D., University of Wisconsin Law School
- B.A., University of Minnesota