Ocwen Mortgage Errors and Illegal Foreclosures
One of the nation’s largest home loan mortgage lenders and loan servicers, Orlando-based mortgage company, Ocwen Financial, is facing intense scrutiny from government regulators as a result of widespread allegations of systemic errors in their loan servicing practices which in many instances has resulted in homeowners being faced with improper foreclosure. The errors are alleged to stem from Ocwen’s RealServicing platform that was riddled with deficiencies. If your mortgage loan is or was serviced by Ocwen Financial and you have had problems with your payments or questions about their practices, or feel that you may have been the victim of improper foreclosure proceedings by them. we want to hear your story. These errors have placed heavy burdens on thousands of homeowners nationwide. Please call us at 1.800.755.0098 or fill out our free case review form to learn more how we are helping homeowners recover.
Ocwen Mortgage Foreclosures & Payment Problems
RealServicing is a proprietary loan servicing platform Ocwen used to process and apply payments and communicate information to borrowers – and it’s alleged they loaded inaccurate information into the system resulting in the platform generating scores of errors. Using this inaccurate information, Ocwen did not accurately account for homeowners payments or the amounts due under the home loans they serviced, failed to correctly process and provide for required foreclosure mitigation protection to homeowners, failed to timely and properly respond to homeowners’ requests for information in regards to their loans, and in many instances wrongfully and improperly instituted foreclosure proceedings against them.
The following include common complaints from homeowners:
- Disputes concerning the amounts due and owing on the loan after a transfer to Ocwen
- Account disputes and inaccuracies provided by Ocwen through its customer website
- Payment application issues
- Escrow accounting issues
- Loan modification process issues, including, issues related to Ocwen’s failure to properly document loan modification terms
- Wrongful foreclosure (e.g., authority to foreclose, amounts alleged to be due and owing)
- Failure by Ocwen to adequately respond to customer inquiries
- Backdating of homeowner correspondence
Ocwen Lawsuit In The News
- Regulators Accuse Subprime Mortgage Servicer of Years of Abuses, nytimes.com
- Mortgage servicer Ocwen botched loans so badly, its own exec called its system a train wreck, CFPB says, latimes.com
How We Can Help
If your mortgage loan is or was serviced by Ocwen Financial and have had problems with your payments or questions about their practices, we would like to hear your story. Please call us at 1.800.755.0098 or fill out our free case review form to learn more how we can help. Zimmerman Reed has over 30 years of experience handling consumer claims and we welcome your questions.