Behdad is an associate at Zimmerman reed and a member of the firm’s Attorney General practice. His practice focuses his practice on complex litigation involving consumer protection, securities and financial fraud, and antitrust law in state and federal courts.
Behdad worked on the team that recovered $125 million on behalf of investors resulting from alleged federal securities law violations by Morgan Keegan and its affiliates. He also assisted in achieving a $39 million dollar settlement as part of the team representing a class of financial institutions who suffered losses from a major data breach at Target Corporation. In other litigation, Behdad served as lead attorney in a wrongful death settlement against a major automobile manufacturer, and in a lawsuit representing a group of elderly victims in the largest hepatitis C outbreak in recent history. He currently represents consumers in class action lawsuit alleging violations of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act by Papa Murphy’s, and a class action lawsuit alleging that the nation’s four largest airlines conspired to raise ticket prices and limit flight choices in violation of federal antitrust laws.
Behdad graduated magna cum laude from Mitchell Hamline School of Law, where he was a member of the William Mitchell Journal of Law and Practice, the Niagara International Moot Court Team, and the Civil Advocacy Clinic. His academic honors include a CALI Excellence for the Future Award, four Dean’s List honors, and a Burton Award Nomination for Excellence in Legal Writing. Behdad is licensed to practice law in Minnesota.
In The News
- Law360, “Bud Light Lime-A-Rita Not So ‘Light,’ 9th Circ. Told” (February 7, 2017)
- Law360, “Toll Operator Can’t Shake Drivers’ Claims Of Unfair Fines” (November 3, 2015)
- The Washington Times, “Dispute deepens in lawsuit over large hepatitis C outbreak” (October 23, 2015)
- Courthouse News Service, “Nursing Home Blamed for Hep C Outbreak” (October 16, 2015)
- J.D., Magna Cum Laude, Mitchell Hamline School of Law
- M.A., with honors, University of Chicago
- B.A., Cum Laude, Carleton College