Gordon Rudd is a managing partner at Zimmerman Reed, representing clients in the areas of mass tort, consumer fraud, and employment law. Gordon has been appointed class counsel in cases venued in both state and federal courts across the country.
Gordon was recently part of the team that achieved a $50 million settlement in the complicated court fight over publicity rights for retired NFL players. In a separate lawsuit, he represents hundreds of retired NFL players suffering from concussive head injuries that occurred while playing in the league. Gordon also represented thousands of residents of Minot, North Dakota who were injured by the largest release of anhydrous ammonia in U.S. history. Two of those individuals were awarded $1.2 million by a jury. Eventually, these trials led to a settlement on behalf of other residents injured by the derailment.
In Mass Tort litigation, Gordon leads several cases, including representing clients who experienced uncontrollable urges to gamble while taking top-selling prescription drug Abilify, representing nursing home residents sickened by a Hepatitis C outbreak (the second-largest outbreak of the disease in U.S History), men who have suffered cardiovascular injuries following their use of testosterone therapy supplements, and clients who experienced severe bleeding problems while taking Xarelto.
Gordon is also working on a number of multi-district litigation cases. Gordon is a member of the lead counsel team representing banks and other financial institutions seeking recovery of losses from the 2013 Target data breach. He also holds leadership positions on several Plaintiffs’ Steering Committees including In re H&R Block IRS Form 8863 Litigation, MDL 2474, In re Life Time Fitness, Inc., Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) Litigation, MDL 2564, In re FedEx Ground Package System, Inc., MDL 1700, and In re Building Materials Corp. of America Asphalt Roofing Shingle Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2283.
Gordon graduated from Connecticut College, where he received a Bachelor of Arts degree in English Literature & Government. He received his law degree from the University of Cincinnati College of Law. Gordon is licensed to practice before, and is a member in good standing of, the Bar of the State of Minnesota and the United States District Court for the District of Minnesota. Gordon is admitted to the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit. He has been admitted to appear pro hac vice in cases pending in the states of California, Oregon, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, North Dakota, Ohio, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, and Michigan. Since 2006, Gordon has been selected as a Super Lawyer by his peers in Minnesota.
Presentations and/or Publications
- “Class Actions: Doing Battle and Winning in the Real World,” Minnesota State Bar Association CLE
- “The Mortgage Meltdown & Class Actions: How Did We Get Here and What’s Next?” Federal Bar Association Seminar
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Super Lawyer 2006-2018
- Best Lawyers in America (Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions) 2018-2019
In The News
- Law360, “Hewlett Packard Enterprise Hit With Gender Pay Gap Suit” (November 9, 2018)
- CBS News, “Supreme Court Rejects Former Players’ Challenge to $1 Billion NFL Concussion Settlement” (December 12, 2016)
- Law360, “Send Abilify Compulsive Gambling Suits To Fla.: Consumers” (June 27, 2016)
- Law360, “ManorCare, Victims Sue ND Hospital Over Hep C Outbreak” (March 8, 2016)
- Law360, “Target Pays $39M To Settle Card Issuers’ Data Breach Claims” (December 2, 2015)
- The Washington Times, “Dispute deepens in lawsuit over large hepatitis C outbreak” (October 23, 2015)
- Law360, “Property Owners Win Cert. In General Mills Superfund Action” (February 27, 2015)
- ESPN, “Judge approves $50M settlement” (November 1, 2013)
- Law360, “Butterball Rolls Out $4M Deal To End Don, Doff Disputes” (July 30, 2012)
- Star Tribune, “When justice knows no timetable” (January 15, 2008)
- Law360, “Class Action To Proceed Against St. Jude Medical” (October 17, 2006)
- J.D., University of Cincinnati College of Law (recipient of American Jurisprudence Award in Legal Research & Writing)
- B.A., English Literature & Government , Connecticut College
- Bowdoin College