Alyssa focuses her practice on environmental and consumer protection law. In environmental protection, Alyssa represents corn farmers and exporters in the Syngenta litigation who suffered economic harm from the release of Syngenta’s unapproved, genetically modified corn strain. She also represents farmers whose crops have been damaged by off-target drift from dicamba herbicides in litigation against Monsanto. In consumer protection, Alyssa is part of the team representing consumers alleging Pacquiao and his promoters kept his shoulder injury secret prior to the highly publicized Pacquiao-Mayweather Pay-Per-View fight.
Alyssa graduated magna cum laude and Order of the Coif from Tulane University Law School and holds a Certificate in Environmental Law. While at Tulane, she worked as an editor for the Tulane Law Review, and studied economic and environmental issues in Brazil.
In addition to her law degree, Alyssa holds a Master of Science in Resource Conservation and a Certificate in Natural Resources Conflict Resolution from the University of Montana. She obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology/Natural Science from the University of Puget Sound.
Prior to joining Zimmerman Reed, Alyssa worked as a renewable energy and construction law attorney and interned at the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Louisiana, the U.S. Marshals Service Office of General Counsel in Arlington, VA, and also for the Cottonwood Environmental Law Center in Bozeman, Montana. She serves on the RegenerateMN Steering Committee for the Minnesota Center for Environmental Advocacy. Alyssa is licensed to practice law in Minnesota and Texas.
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota Brownfields
- Minnesota Historical Society
In The News
- Law360, “TV Buyers Score Partial Cert. In Best Buy, LG False Ad Suit“
- Law360, “Bayer, BASF Hit With $265M Verdict In First Dicamba Trial“
- Wall Street Journal, “Bayer, BASF Ordered to Pay $265 Million in Weedkiller Crop-Damage Suit“
- Law360, “LG, Best Buy Can’t Duck Misleading TV Advertising Action“
- Betadvisor, “Fight of the Century? More Like Fraud of the Century, Fans Say“
- J.D., Tulane University School of Law, New Orleans
- M.S., Resource Conservation, University of Montana
- B.S., Biology/Natural Science, University of Puget Sound