Alyssa Leary is an associate at Zimmerman Reed and is member of the environmental law and consumer protection practice groups.
Alyssa gained extensive experience as a member of the trial team that successfully represented farmers alleging crop damage from off-target movement of dicamba herbicides. The trial resulted in a $265 million jury verdict against Bayer and BASF. Alyssa continues to represent farmers in the nationwide dicamba settlement.
She also successfully represented corn farmers and exporters in litigation against Syngenta stemming from the release of Syngenta’s unapproved, genetically modified corn strain. In addition, Alyssa currently represents a proposed class of individuals against an Arizona utility whose solar customers allege they were charged discriminatory rates.
In her consumer protection practice, Alyssa is a member of the team representing a nationwide class of consumers alleging false and misleading advertising practices in connection with the sale of certain LG televisions, and a proposed class of consumers alleging certain RV refrigerators posed unreasonable fire and safety risks. She also represents consumers who allege JUUL failed to disclose the safety risks and falsely advertised the purported benefits of its e-cigarette products
Alyssa graduated magna cum laude with Order of the Coif honors from Tulane University Law School. At Tulane, Alyssa served as an editor for the Tulane Law Review, received the CALI excellence award in natural resources, and completed Tulane’s certificate program in environmental law. In addition to her law degree, Alyssa received a Master of Science in resource conservation with a certificate in natural resources conflict resolution from the University of Montana.
Prior to joining Zimmerman Reed, Alyssa worked at a Minnesota law firm practicing renewable energy and construction law, and interned at the U.S. Attorney’s Office and the U.S. Marshals Service.
She currently serves on the RegenerateMN Committee for the Minnesota Center for Environmental Advocacy and the Minnesota Chapter of the Federal Bar Association’s Newer Lawyers Committee.
Alyssa is licensed to practice law in Minnesota and Texas.
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota Brownfields
- Minnesota Historical Society
In The News
- Bloomberg, “Eleventh Circuit Joins Others in Eliminating a Barrier to Class Certification“
- Law360, “Ariz. Utility Hinders Solar Competition, DOJ Tells 9th Circ.“
- Law360, “11th Circ. Clarifies Ascertainability Standard For Class Actions“
- Law360, “Bayer Offers $400M To Settle Dicamba Suits With Farmers“
- Law360, “TV Buyers Score Partial Cert. In Best Buy, LG False Ad Suit“
- Law360, “Bayer, BASF Hit With $265M Verdict In First Dicamba Trial“
- Wall Street Journal, “Bayer, BASF Ordered to Pay $265 Million in Weedkiller Crop-Damage Suit“
- Law360, “LG, Best Buy Can’t Duck Misleading TV Advertising Action“
- Betadvisor, “Fight of the Century? More Like Fraud of the Century, Fans Say“
- J.D., Tulane University School of Law, New Orleans
- M.S., Resource Conservation, University of Montana
- B.S., Biology/Natural Science, University of Puget Sound